The Subcontracts & Grants Officer will be responsible for assisting the Subcontracts & Grants Manager in the management of Grants & Subcontracts for the FARM activity. The Subcontracts & Grants Officer will work closely with the Subcontracts & Grants Manager to ensure both adequate documentation of grants and subcontract operations and that all aspects of grant and subcontract practices and procedures follow sound financial management principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supporting the Subcontracts & Grants Manager in the administrative and financial oversight of the grant and subcontract solicitation, selection, award, administration, and close-out process
• Maintain a tracking and filing system for preparation of Notifications of Funding (NOFO), RFPs, evaluation of proposals, and monitoring of subcontract performance, invoicing, and payment. This includes maintaining, updating, and revising the Subcontracts & Grants database.
• Work with technical staff to ensure the proper preparation and timely execution of RFAs as requested.
• Analyse subcontractor’s proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to applicable rules and regulations.
• Monitor grant and subcontract processes pursuant to detailed policies and procedures established through USAID and US Government rules and regulations, Chemonics home office policies, and local procedures to ensure compliance.
• Review and analyse grantee and subcontractor budgets for allow ability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency, and negotiate budgets, as well as terms and conditions of subcontract execution, in coordination with technical, finance and operations teams, as applicable.
• In consultation with the Subcontracts & Grants Manager, form selection/technical Evaluation committees and facilitate review and evaluation of proposals
• Draft selection memos, sole source justification, and negotiation memos as required, and other justifications.
• Process grants and subcontracts deliverables including seeking for appropriate approvals and submitting to Finance for payment.
• Maintain tracker of all grants, subcontracts, purchases, and other activities
• Produce work products in conformity with Chemonics, USAID standards and US Government regulations.
• Perform any other tasks as assigned by the Subcontracts & Grants Manager or Finance and Administration Lead.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four years of progressively responsible grants related experience on donor funded programs
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant technical experience as a procurement/subcontracts or grants specialist
• Thorough knowledge of USAID and its contractual and procurement requirements Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
• Exceptional organization skills and ability to multi-task work in high pressure, fast-paced environments.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Ability and willingness to travel within the Activity implementation areas (Manicaland, Masvingo)
• Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply