The Senior RMNCH Technical Advisor will provide technical leadership and oversight to design and implementation of capacity strengthening strategies for improved quality and deliver of RMNCH services in Sub-Saharan Africa. This position will design strategic approaches that purposively harness and strengthen local (governments, ministries, local implementing partners (LIPs) individual and organizational expertise to better in strengthening RMNCH quality of care. She/he must have experience in developing tools and approaches to improve knowledge and capacities in RMNCH services. She/he will also liaise with National or subnational authorities, community representatives, health facility management teams, and other key stakeholders to better understand and address RMNCH capacity strengthening needs.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead development, implementation, and execution of strategies and tools for strengthening the quality of RMNCH clinical care
- Develops and implements training and competency strengthening systems
- Identifies strategies to address training gaps
- Serve as clinical mentor and/or coach to project staff and local partners to deliver RMNCH clinical services.
- Represent the project as a senior level RMNCH technical expert in donor and other key stakeholder meetings
- Monitor capacity strengthening plans progress and coordinate closely with the leadership team to ensure capacity strengthening activities are in line with program goals and national guidelines
- Contribute to project deliverables, including documentation of best practices in capacity strengthening activities
There are 31 FHI 360 development competencies, of greatest focus for this particular job will be:
- Project Management (Planning and Time Management) – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks (sets objectives/goals/measures). Breaks down work into steps, schedules, task/people assignments. Marshals people, time, and resources efficiently. Arranges information in a useful manner and orchestrates multiple activities at once.
- People Management (Making Others Great) – Facilitate professional development of staff by providing challenging, learning assignments and opportunities. Shares and solicits feedback monthly at the very least. Helps establish compelling development plans. Assigns responsibility and accountability for tasks/decisions. Monitors process, progress, and results. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
- Creating and Managing Systems and Processes – Recognizes the need for standardization and balances client and organization need in systems design. Anticipates the effects of process change on people while optimizing task efficiency and simplicity.
- Employees are expected to possess or have high potential for the development of these three fundamental competencies.
- Clinical degree (nurse, midwife, doctor) with Masters.
- 12+ years of relevant experience in building provider capacity
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical training skills
- Experience clinical care in different levels of the health system
- Experience working with clinical care and technical teams within USG-funded projects, particularly maternal, new-born, child health programs.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with local NGOs, MOH, and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow.
- Strong skills using MS Excel Word, PowerPoint
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.