Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)Supports gender equality in the agricultural sector in an effort to raise levels of nutrition in local communities and improve agricultural productivity.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of significant complexity;
- Advises requisitioning units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stages of the procurement cycle, meeting objectives under tight deadlines;
- Undertakes the buyer function in conformity with FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Reviews Letters of Agreement in conformity with the quality assurance function as set forth in FAO’s rules and regulations;
- Prepares solicitation process, identifies method of solicitation, drafts tendering documents, identifies sourcing strategy and distributes invitations to tender, also using e-tendering system and supports bid/proposals evaluations while ensuring the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
- Prepares and presents cases to the relevant Procurement Committees;
- Organizes and participates in, as appropriate, local tender opening panels and the Local Procurement Committee (LPC);
- Participates in and conducts site inspections, bidder’s conferences and contract negotiations;
- Coordinates with forwarding agents relating to custom clearance, packing, and shipment of goods and maintains logistics records of such procurement-related activities.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyses statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services;
- Contributes to updating procurement policies and related tools, provides procurement reporting as well as clarification/information for auditing purposes;
- Participates in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at headquarters and Decentralized Offices;
- Provides guidance to new/junior staff and stakeholders; ensures entry of accurate data using the Organization’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and related systems;
- Makes initial determinations and recommendations concerning disputes or claims arising from contractual instruments or procurement processes;
- Prepares monitoring reports, reviews and analyses data and makes recommendations based on findings;
- Performs other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 27/Oct/2022
- Closure Date: 11/Nov/2022, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM (FAO ZIMBABWE)
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 11 months
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- Advanced university degree in Procurement, Purchasing & Supply, Supply Chain and Logistics, Law, business, administration, economics, public administration or a related field;
- Five years of relevant experience in procurement related activities with at least two years of supervisory experience;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and limited knowledge (level B) of one of the other languages of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, French, Spanish). For PSA, only working knowledge of English is required.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services;
- Extent and relevance of experience in public sector procurement dealing with complex contractual issues including revising, drafting of contract, formulating options and proposing recommendations;
- Extent and relevance of experience in identifying clients’ procurement-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients’ point of view;
- Demonstrated ability to draft complex documents in English is considered a strong asset
How to Apply FAO Procurement Specialist Jobs 2022?
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2202926
The Closing Date: Nov. 11, 2022.