Population Solutions for Health is a leading global health organization with programs targeting HIV and reproductive health, malaria and child survival. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behaviour change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
Ensuring that sterile packs are available for different procedures to be done, rooms are clean and maintained all the time.
• Damps dusts all rooms in the facility using recommended disinfectant.
• Ensures consultation rooms are clean all the time prepares beds, sluices linen, cleans windows and mops the floor.
• Collects and sorts used /dirty instruments and linen from different consultation rooms.
• Processes instruments according to set guidelines.
• Maintains accurate strength of disinfection solutions all the time.
• Disinfects, cleans, and dry the instruments.
• Prepares linen and dressing towel ready for processing sterile packs.
• Collects and sorts dirty / used linen from the consultation rooms.
• Soaks soiled linen in sodium hypochlorite.
• Washes, clean and irons linen and folds and packs in the linen cupboard.
• Maintains colour coding system e.g., bin liners, sharp containers.
• Packs and autoclaves procedure packs and accessories.
• Makes sterile packs according to specification for example IUCD, Jadelle, VIAC, dressing packs and label with name, date, and sign.
• Autoclaves different packs according to specification of the autoclaving machine.
• Distributes sterile packs in different service areas according to requirements/usage.
• Opens offices every morning and checking for evidence of break ins.
• Cleans toilets and ensuring all toiletries are provided.
• Prepares tea and coffee as requested.
• Banks all cash and delivers mail within town.
• Relieves Receptionist from time to time when called upon to do so.
• Reports all damages including building, equipment, and furniture.
• Loads and offloads equipment and goods from vehicles.
• Photocopies site forms and other stationery.
• 5 O levels.
• 1-year relevant working experience.
• Nurse Aide Training.
• Good Communication skills.
In return, PSH offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSH is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression, race, religion, national origin, or disability.
All interested candidates are encouraged to follow the following steps when applying:
Step 1: Complete the Application for the position you wish to apply for, under the “Click to Apply” option below.
Step 2: Send your updated CVs to [email protected]
All Applications should be shared not later than February 12, 2024.
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.