Linkages for Economic Advancement of the Disadvantaged (LEAD) has been awarded a subgrant to support and collaborate with CIMMYT implement a USAID-funded Mechanization and Extension Activity over two years, 2022/23 to 2023/24. The goal of the Activity is to improve smallholder farmers’ access to farm power and machinery to enhance their land and labor productivity, profitability and income. This is to be achieved through establishing mechanization service providers to increase farm and off-farm power supply.
The following vacancy has arisen and suitable qualified candidates are invited to apply:
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Duty Station: Manicaland Province
Under the direct supervision of the FTF-MEA Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager, the Program Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for supporting the M&E functions of the Mechanization and Extension Activity (MEA) by, assisting and supporting implementation of the M&E Plan, providing data analysis services, assisting in designing and conducting research on aspects that inform programming planning and report writing by Program Technical Leads and Field Officers; and assisting in the management and population of the Mechanization and Extension Activity Database
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the M&E Manager to prepare and implement monitoring and evaluation plans to measure project progress and impact indicators;
- Assist in planning data collection and project monitoring in the various areas of intervention;
- Assist M&E Manager in the management and updating of the activity information management system and in dealing with routine problems arising in the course of data handling;
- Providing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data using SPSS, MS Excel, STATA and GIS, writing and compiling reports to inform programme development, implementation and enabling effective monitoring and evaluation;
- Generating trends of key indicators of program per component, i.e. service provider model, Mechanization in conservation Agriculture, technology adoption for improved incomes, Gender and Youth; and Market linkages;
- Assist to Improve FTFZ-Mechanization and Extension Activity processes and procedures including data collection skills, data quality, analysis and report writing;
- Assist the M&E Manager to support the set-up of all the databases required by field teams and specialists, developing the related tools (database structures, survey informatics forms and data entry screens, workflow for database population and update;
- Ensuring data collected can be spatially referenced.;
- Actively participate and help design, test, implement and review M&E tools, templates, forms and data flow mechanisms;
- Working with Program Technical Team Specialists assist in monitoring agreed activity/work plans and submitting periodic reports informing in case of problems, delays, deviations from agreed work plans etc.;
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress, outcomes and impact of project activities and complete site visit reports to document findings.
- Build own capacity in M&E in collaboration with M&E Manager.
- Performing any other task as assigned by the M&E Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree with areas that cover Statistics, Data sciences, Agricultural Economics, M&E or related fields; Relevant post-graduate qualification would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and discern useful recommendations for programme implementation and development.
- Statistical analysis and IT skills, including use of SPSS and Excel for data analysis;
- Experience of social research methods to conduct monitoring and evaluation for livelihood initiatives/interventions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M & E frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of participatory rural appraisal methods an asset.
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a similar field; former experience with livelihood program is an advantage.
- Good English communications skills (both oral and written) and report writing skills.
- Strong team player of high integrity, and pleasant personality,
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and produce results in a timely and quality manner.
- Ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
The successful applicant should be in a position to assume duty on 1 July, 2023
An application letter accompanied by a detailed CV stating current gross salary should be submitted by 12:00 noon on Friday 26 May, 2023 via email to [email protected] with “LEAD – M&E Assistant” in the subject line.
Female applicants meeting the requisite qualifications and experience are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.