Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the following posts:
Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• A Higher National Diploma (HND) in Graphic Design or Arts
• A qualification in 3-D design; Illustration or printing would be an added advantage.
• Highly creative imaginative and analytical individual preferred; one with an acute vision, a good eye for design, layout and detail and is deadline-oriented.
• Ability to analyse and interpret user graphic requirements, graphic and technical information and to create interpretive illustrations;
• Skills in the utilization of specified computerized graphic design software and programs (e.g. in-design, CorelDraw, Photoshop, InDesign, PageMaker, Photoshop, Jpeg, Illustrator, Sketch and After Effects graphic, etc.);
• Experience and skills in digital publishing or e-publishing;
• Verifiable experience in book design and production; It would be helpful to provide what one has designed; a compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects a must;
• Knowledge of printing procedures and requirements and reproduction processes and techniques;
• A flexible, confident, patient and organized personality is preferred, as pressure to meet deadlines means that extra hours may be required at times;
Qualifications and Experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• To create original graphic design and layout concepts for books, journals and other University publications.
• Creating electronically-designed page layouts and imports word processing files into page layouts, as appropriate to the position; may develop and produce web-based graphics, as requested;
• Conceptualizing, planning, designing, and producing a wide range of specialized graphic, typesetting and/or illustrative material, to include multimedia
concepts for published, printed or electronic books, journals and scientific magazines;
• Working with clientele to ascertain needs and to develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects;
• Oversees and coordinates the production process; develops and writes printing and/or other production specifications, and selects appropriate production
media and materials, such as ink paper and binding; and inspects proofs and advance copies for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production and
• Coordinating a graphics or photographic library and/or maintain digital records;
• Creating and producing animated videos and animated portions of live videos using computers and video production equipment for knowledge products marketing;
• Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 11 November 2022