ActionAid Zimbabwe is a global justice organization working in over 40 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion to achieve social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality. ActionAid Zimbabwe has articulated a strong stand on gender justice and safeguarding through its child protection and anti-sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse policies. ActionAid is committed to taking an intersectional feminist approach to Safeguarding, recognizing how forms of abuse and oppression intersect.
ActionAid Zimbabwe seeks to recruit for the following 1-year Internship positions:
HR & ADMINISTRATION INTERN (HARARE)
The intern shall function collaboratively as a member of the Admin and HR team and will play a significant role in providing secretarial, office maintenance and administrative support in order to ensure that the organizations services are provided in an efficient and effective manner.
The HR and Admin Intern will function collaboratively as a member of the Human Resources, Organisational Development & Administration team and will be responsible for provision of administrative and human resource support across all departments/functions in ensuring organisational effectiveness and efficient. Ensure administration of organisational benefits and employee welfare in line with ActionAid Policies and local statutory regulations.
Facilitation of Recruitment & Selection
- Drafts job advertisements in liaison with the HROD Assistant and relevant departments, ensuring conformity of job advertisements to job specifications, AAI branding guidelines and AAI recruitment policies.
- Monitors the organizational email account for applications and job enquiries and responds to queries as required.
- Receives and classifies applications received by position in preparation for shortlisting.
- Assist the HROD in preparing initial short-list for review by the relevant line managers.
- Makes arrangements for interviewing of candidates in liaison with HROD Assistant and Line Managers
- Obtains responses from referees for positions as directed by HROD Assistant
- Maintains records of all recruitment and selection processes
- Develops, maintains and reviews database of consultants in liaison with all units.
- Facilitate visitors to AAZ in order to ensure that they are timeously attended to and promote the image of the organisation;
- Answer all telephone calls to AAZ, assist clients and direct them to relevant staff members.
- Receive all visitors to AAZ, assist and/or direct them to relevant staff members.
- Keep central reception area in a neat and presentable manner to present a good image of the organisation;
- Coordinate and manage movement of internal and external correspondence including DHL, pouches to and from other offices.
- Organise and process all bulk photocopying and document collation.
- Process staff visas and ensure they are kept valid and up to date.
- Oversee travel and accommodation bookings on behalf of staff travelling on business.
Asset & Inventory Management
- Maintains organisational asset register by consolidating registers (vehicles, LRP office, Office and IT equipment) submitted by relevant team members.
- Coordinates annual physical verification of assets and update of asset register in liaison with the admin and logistic officer and caretaker.
Office Security Property Management
- Ensures that all assets are clearly numbered and are in good working order with the help of the office caretaker.
- Ensures that leases for all properties leased or sublet by ActionAid are in place, up to date and filed accordingly.
- Maintains records for all correspondence and documentation related to property and premises.
- Ensures premises are kept in good condition and recommends initiatives to maintain or improve standards the property.
- Maintains up to date security service contracts and reports from security service providers.
Coordination of Procurement Process & Stocks Management
- Develops, maintains and reviews data-base of service providers in liaison with Admin and Logistic officer.
- Works with line manager to coordinate the purchase of all goods and services as requested by units/projects/functions by;
- tracking purchase requisitions
How to apply: Please submit a maximum of 3-page Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must visit https://actionaidzimbabwe.bamboohr.com/careers/25
Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.