ActionAid Zimbabwe is a global justice organization working in over 40 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion to achieve social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality. ActionAid Zimbabwe has articulated a strong stand on gender justice and safeguarding through its child protection and anti-sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse policies. ActionAid is committed to taking an intersectional feminist approach to Safeguarding, recognizing how forms of abuse and oppression intersect.
ActionAid Zimbabwe seeks to recruit for the following 1-year Internship positions:
FINANCE INTERN (HARARE)
The Finance Intern will function collaboratively as a member of the Finance Team and will play a significant role in cash management (receipting, banking, maintenance of petty cash & replenishments, ensuring payments are signed and presented to the bank) capturing of the CP accounts and processing of payments to clients in line with AAZ financial management and accountability guidelines.
- Processes payments submitted by different units of the organization and ensuring timely payment of organizations obligations, completeness of supporting documents and accuracy of banking instructions
- Posting of data to accounting system
- Monitors bank balances of AAZ’s accounts.
- Produces and distributes weekly bank balance schedule.
- Follows up on invoices and receipts from suppliers
- Maintain petty cash float ensuring timely disbursement and replenishments
- Receipting and Banking
- Assists in internal and external audits by ensuring required documents, vouchers, receipts are available
- Comes up with quarterly key result areas based on this job description as well as departmental and organizational objectives
- Orderly filing of documents in the finance department
- Preparation of journal vouchers.
How to apply: Please submit a maximum of 3-page Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter to the attention of Human Resources. All applications must visit https://actionaidzimbabwe.bamboohr.com/careers/24
Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.