International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those affected by war, natural disaster and disease. We deliver vital healthcare services that focus on training and help devastated populations return to self-reliance. International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The Food Security and Agriculture Officer is expected to implement, coordinate and manage climate adaptation and resilience activities through an innovative nutrition sensitive agriculture and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) intervention in Gwanda district .The Food and Agriculture Officer will oversee tasks related to the implementation of the project which include: – selection of the beneficiaries; support implementation of activities; monitoring activities; communication with counterparts involved in the project preparation, implementation and evaluation in accordance with the existing regulation of Zimbabwe and Donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide technical input for climate adaptation and resilience activities for a nutrition sensitive agriculture and WASH project.
• Implement nutrition sensitive agriculture and WASH activities appropriate to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of climate adaptation and resilience are integrated.
• Conduct a training for trainers for Climate Change Champions on climate adaptation and cascade trainings to community members.
• Support Climate Change Champions to conduct climate adaptation dialogues at community level
• In collaboration with key stakeholders , identify and establish viable nutrition gardens with key emphasis on resilience and Climate- smart agricultural practices
• Conduct training of project participants on Climate smart agriculture, water conservation techniques and asset management
• Facilitate the establishment of micro-gardens at household level and provide technical support to the households.
• Facilitate the commemoration of Climate Change and WASH Significant days
• Facilitate Improvement of knowledge on Climate smart agriculture and WASH practices among rural communities with special focus on Climate change, social safeguards and disaster risk reduction
• Facilitate the implementation of project activities to ensure that they are implemented timely , efficiently and effectively to meet project objectives, donor , International and local standards.
• Mobilize local communities and stakeholders at Ward and Village levels to participate and contribute effectively in project activities.
• Assist in needs assessments, baseline surveys, inventories, data collection and analysis activities.
• Organise with logistics and finance departments materials and support needed for all project activities.
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely project reports to meet the reporting requirements (Organisation, donor and other project stakeholders )
• Document and share lessons learnt
• These duties and responsibilities are not comprehensive enough to describe all activities; other tasks may be assigned from time to time by the country team (CT) and Technical Unit (TU).
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards.
The position holder is expected to set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Agriculture and Crop Science, Environmental Science, Disaster Management, Geography and Development Studies
• Post graduate Diploma in Climate Change related field with 2 years complimentary field experience.
• Extensive experience in working on Climate smart agriculture and or resilience and climate adaptation projects.
• Proven experience in project management, including financial management, human resources, project writing and reporting.
• Previous experience with civil society sector (CBOs, national or international non-governmental organizations) is an added advantage.
• Ability to work in rural conditions and strong knowledge about Climate Change and adaptation and cross cutting themes.
• Previous demonstrated experience in working with government stakeholders required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills of English are a prerequisite, fluency in Ndebele language is a must.
• Must have cross-cultural sensitivity, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Good communication skill, good team building skills; a creative, innovative, and adaptability personality.
• Excellent computer skills including word processors and data management software.
• Ability to spend 100% of job in the field.
• Ability to ride a motorbike is an added advantage.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly stating the position title on the email subject line, to [email protected];
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review