ActionAid International is a global justice organization working in over 40 countries, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion to achieve social justice, poverty eradication and gender equality
We seek to employ a self-starter with a high regard for integrity as the Finance Manager (FM). This post involves a full range of financial oversight and general management functions. The FM will provide leadership for AAZ’s financial resources and coordinate financial operations, systems and controls. The position holder will ensure that AAZ’s strategic objectives are met, principles contained in the Financial Management policies and procedures set by ActionAid International and AAZ are in alignment with the requirements of related local and international laws. The Finance Manager will be a member of the Country Management Team of ActionAid Zimbabwe reporting to the Country Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree of Commerce in Accounting/Business Administration, Financial Management or equivalent, an MBA in Finance will be an added advantage.
• Professional qualification / Membership of Accountancy body such as ACCA, CIMA or CIS.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience, with at least 2 at management level in accounting and finance preferably in an NGO sector.
• Practical knowledge and experience with donor financial accounting procedures, accounting packages, tax laws and systems in Zimbabwe.
• Practical working experience with partners, including long term partners, sub-grantees, co-applicants and short-term partners. These include civil society, private sector and other stakeholders.
• Strong financial expertise and familiarity in management and accounting practices at a senior management level.
• Proven experience in designing, implementing and monitoring financial and administrative control systems.
• Proven experience in producing budgets and financial reports for use by management and donors.
• Sound practical knowledge of SUN Accounting Systems and Spreadsheet.
• Excellent team building and leadership skills.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and conceptual skills.
• Good networking skills and ability to establish contacts with executives of other organisations.
• Willingness to travel within the Country Programme and offer support to other Country programmes as may be required.
How to apply:
All interested candidates should submit their applications by 29 September 2023 at 1700hours. Use the link below to view the Job Description and to submit your application and resume: https://actionaidzimbabwe.bamboohr.com/careers/26
For more information visit: website https://zimbabwe.actionaid.org/
ActionAid is committed to recruiting candidates who are committed to ActionAid’s SHEA and Safeguarding policies and values, thereby helping to create safer working cultures.
NB: Please note that whilst all applicants will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. Please further note that although we value all applications, we unfortunately can only respond to short-listed candidates.