Finance & Administration Assistant (Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance)
The Finance & Administration Assistant (BHA) will be responsible for Assisting the Senior Finance Officer and Finance Coordinator for efficient and smooth cash flow and banking operations for the Bulilima and Mangwe BHA programme activities. S/he will be responsible for reconciling cash every week with cash book and keeping track of funds available for the Bulilima and Mangwe BHA programme activities.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: One (1) Year
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Degree in Accounts
- Possession of partial professional qualification such as ACCA, CIS, CIMA, ▪ 2 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably with International NGOs.
- Good accounting and finance management skills with knowledge of computer accounting packages and understanding of basic accounting concepts.
- Self-motivated, flexible with demonstrated ability to meet set deadlines and high good integrity.
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values.
- Understanding of and belief in child rights programming
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Communication with suppliers to respond to their queries and reconcile their accounts.
- Provide information to HR for compilation of Withholding tax returns.
- Maintain a system to track financial commitments and outstanding contract amounts by staff and third parties transacting with SC and ensure that they are diligently executed when due.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
The Organisation: Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday. All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
To apply, follow the link below, attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application Deadline – 24 September 2023
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy. Save the Children is an equal employment employer, therefore, female applicants and those living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.