The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking skilled and motivated candidates to fill the position below and this position is based in our Southern Africa Office in Harare, Zimbabwe. The position is open to all Zimbabweans with excellent academic records.
Objective of the post
This position will support on-going research activities in Zimbabwe and other regional collaborative projects as needed. The selected candidate will work directly with partners from the RAIZ and LIPS-Zim projects and many others. The officer will contribute expertise in agronomy to the project’s research which aims to develop and promote more resilient and productive agricultural systems through agroecological intensification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the implementation and monitoring of agronomic research activities in the target research sites.
- Develops research protocols for agroecological intensification focused field experiments and related assessment frameworks.
- Assists with the development and application of participatory methods including participatory action research and living laboratories.
- Coordinates on-farm research activities with other project staff, partners and farmers and organizes project and stakeholder meetings.
- Demonstrates and trains field level staff and farmers in the use of new technologies.
- Presents results to other scientists, extension services and farmers.
- Prepares data for analysis and conducts descriptive analysis. Runs more complex analyses with the supervisor.
- Assists project team in publication of research results through peer-reviewed publications, bulletins, technical material etc.
- Assists project and CIMMYT management in any other matters as and when required for the position.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- MSc/ MPhil degree in Agronomy, Crop or Soil Science disciplines or related relevant fields
- At least three to five years of experience in relevant work for this position.
- Clean Class 4 driver’s license is a requirement.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Kindly fill and submit the online form under each position no later than Monday, 29th May 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.